At Sturges Manufacturing, we strive to ensure you have the best experience, from quoting and designing through manufacturing and testing. We’ve shared answers to several common questions about our webbing and strap manufacturing process below. If you have other questions, please contact us.
1) What testing equipment do you have at your disposal?
At Sturges, we test to the following:
- Dynamic testing in an ISO 17025 accredited lab
- Abrasion Resistance FED STD 191A, Method 5309
- Tensile and Elongation of Webbing FED STD 191A, Method 4108
- Vertical Flame Resistance NFPA 1971
- Heat Resistance NFPA 1981
- Flammability of Interior Materials FMVSS 571, Standard 302
- Water Repellency TSL2100 G, Section 4.36
- Wet Yarn on Yarn Abrasion Test ASTM D6611
2) What is your production capacity?
This is highly dependent on what we are making. We will gladly commit to a specific production rate during the design phase of the product.
3) Do you accept blanket orders, stocking programs, or vendor managed inventory?
We welcome blanket orders, stocking programs, and vendor managed inventory. This is a great way for you to take advantage of cost-effective longer webbing runs without being burdened with excessive inventory. This is part of the contract review process and is tailored to each customer’s needs.
4) What is your minimum order and production time?
This varies by product, but many of our product pages feature general estimates for typical order minimums and production times. If you’re looking for a very small run or need your webbings or straps very quickly, it is best to contact us directly to see how we can serve you.
5) Do you ship internationally?
Yes. We embrace the concept of a global economy and regularly ship to customers in Europe, Asia, South America, Latin America, Mexico, and Canada.
6) How do you handle customer feedback and complaints?
Any feedback we receive (whether it is a formal complaint or simply a suggestion on how to better serve our customers) is brought before our Quality Council for discussion. We take great pride in our ability to address and solve problems both quickly and effectively, striving for total customer satisfaction. We look at these instances as opportunities to identify the root cause of a problem and implement corrective action to prevent any recurrence.
7) What is your cancellation and return policy?
Canceled orders are subject to manufacturing and material costs incurred up to and including the date of cancellation. It is best to contact us ahead of time to confirm what charges, if any, will be incurred as a result of canceling a particular order.
Returns are accepted on standard webbings and hardware in new condition. Returned webbings and hardware must be deemed reusable before any credit is issued. Original shipping charges and any shipping costs incurred to return the items are the responsibility of the customer.
Please call for a Return Authorization Number prior to returning any goods.
8) What is your warranty policy?
Because Sturges products are manufactured to customer specifications and are sold with written warranties, no warranties are intended by this website.
9) Do you have a catalog or a stock product line with price sheet available?
Our strength lies in the custom manufacturing of webbing and finished straps. We provide a number of “stock products” and bulk webbing to various industries, but do not have a “full product line.” The majority of orders manufactured here are done on a per-order basis, resulting in individualized attention to each customer’s specific needs. The literature we have available simply provides information about our company, our capabilities and different applications of the products we manufacture.
If you’d like to request a catalog, please email us with your address.